Dec 29, 2012

Lucy's First Birthday

CDB_0129cl
Lucy turned 1 on December 7th.  Since it was a balmy 75 degrees this December in Texas, we filled the back yard with some of our favorite people and a bounce house. Lucy donned her party dress. Grandma Jeanne came down from Michigan and we threw out pink balloons and lanterns and streamers. The Band of Puppets serenaded Lucy. We ate homemade banana cake cupcakes with browned butter frosting. At one point we kicked out all the big kids and piled the babies in the bounce house. Best idea ever.

There were a few professional photographer friends in attendance.  Imagine. At one point I handed Kristina Provisnal my camera and she made happy snaps all over the place. For the record, it is abysmally rude to invite a photographer to your shindig as a guest and expect them to do anything besides enjoy the event. So I'm not sure why this worked out. But I am eternally grateful and for the first time really understand the value of hiring a photographer for a birthday party! Most of these photos are her doing.

The whole day was beautiful. A happy sunny amazing day for my happy, sunny, amazing Lucy.

She is the brightest and most beloved baby. I love her so much it just genuinely pains me inside. I'd gladly spend my days cuddling her and chasing her naked bum after a bath and reading the same three books over and over forever. She had a lot of fun on her first birthday and that makes me very happy.

Birthdays are officially a big deal.

Click here to see all of the photos.

Click here to see my first blog post about Lucy.

CDB_0149cl

CDB_0017_cl

CDB_0104_b2

CDB_0050cl


CDB_0052cl

CDB_0195cl

CDB_0205cl

CDB_0216cl

CDB_0225cl

CDB_0259cl

CDB_0279cl

CDB_0287cl

CDB_0297cl

CDB_0303cl

CDB_0312cl

CDB_0324cl

CDB_0033cl

CDB_0355cl

CDB_0365cl

2 comments:

cat said...

These photos are a delight. You and Lucy have the exact same eyes. Like exactly the same. I love it! Wonder if I can swing a bounce house for my mid-January birthday? Hmm. ;)

Love you all.

Kristina Provinsal said...

This is SO sweet! So happy I was able to help. Honestly I get quiet and don't know what to do around so many new people, it's like you knew the camera in my hand would make me feel better because it all happened so nice for us both! Love to you all! <3 <3 <3